Release Date: April 12th, 2019
PTS Update 30 Patch Notes
- Improvements to telegraphing:
- Made the Blight screen overlay transparent when looking away from the centre of the storm to make it clearer which direction to travel in to get out.
- If you can see particles you’re at risk of destruction (you’re near the destruction radius)
- Destruction VFX will last longer. Now it will fade to black over 7.5s and ‘dissolve’ over 2.5s. Colliders should also be disabled halfway through the dissolving process.
- New lightning VFX to make the Blight look more dangerous
- Blight will now turn on if the server hits 75% time dilation for 30 seconds and disable when it gets to 85% time dilation for 30 seconds
- Blight is now visible from 6km away
- Initial Blight position is no longer based on weather cell positions but on a K-Means cluster analysis of the priorities and positions of all of the entities on the FSIM
- Blight will now cancel if it hasn’t fully activated but the server has recovered
- While active, Blight will now continually refine its position to move towards the highest priority entities in its radius. It has a maximum speed that varies based on time dilation. So the worse the FSIM is performing the more aggressively the Blight will chase ships!
- Blight will fully retarget (analysing all entities) every 30s to avoid destroying a ship in its entirety when there is a more important one somewhere else
- Blight will attempt to retarget if enough stuff has been destroyed.
- The Blight will now smoothly fade out when it disappears. Also, it’s now more visibly windy in weather walls and inside the Blight!
- Destruction priority is now based on the following:
- More colliders = more expensive
- Manually determined importance to the player
- Entities attached to ships that have registered revivers will have double the player importance (so lower destruction priority)
- Only entities that are ‘dynamic’ (meaning they have physics) should be considered
- Metal scrap and atlas shards will now be cleaned up
- Nothing should be destroyed unless it has been ‘logged in’ for at least 2 minutes
- Entities in the Blight will be destroyed every 10s by default but this can be overridden per entity type.
- Revamped knowledge tree to include various set schematics previously found on islands. These are categorised into branches that reflect what they are used for, such as exploring or shipbuilding.
- Scanning an island or island object displays the number of databanks still to scan on the island.
- Knowledge nodes will be automatically unlocked if you had previously found and learned the schematic.
- Knowledge gained is now displayed in the same fashion as gaining resources.
- Removed Knowledge from scanning every object on islands, except databanks..
- Scan UI has been revamped and moved from the bottom left corner and is now much more clear.
SHIP STORAGE REFRACTOR
- Deleting offline ships from server memory Improving server response.
- Saving ships to a per deployment cloud storage.
- Refactor the way ship/reviver/player are linked using ShipReviverBookeeping unique authority
- Added feedback giving Reviver lost reason when online. Customer Service will have access to that information and can use it during ticket handling.
- Customer service can now restore your ship entirely based on ticket requests and log history.
- Ship logout flow now has a new design.
- Logout has been updated to differentiate between Logout and Exit game especially when the player has a reviver attached to the ship.
- The logout button will keep your character in-game until the ship logs out completely if you are the last player in-game with a reviver attached to the ship.
- The Exit button will log your character out whilst your ship will stay in the world for some time. (30s in Pve, 3 minutes in PvP)
- Any interaction with the ship during logout (except players logging out) will interrupt the logout sequence.
- If a player logouts or exits while standing on a ship they are not attached to, they will respawn to the closest ancient respawner.
NOTABLE CONTENT AND FEATURES
- Marauder Guitar
- Some secret shop items
NOTABLE BUGFIXES AND CHANGES
- Added shipyard placement feedback.
- Give marauder compass item health state.
- Added logic where a ship will ask whether it should approach or not to the shipyard instead of approaching regardless of the shipyard state. Shipyard can refuse which will display a message to the owners of the ship saying they cant approach.
- Changed logic between ship and shipyard slightly, so you can only dock on your own or abandoned shipyards
- Update the new Bossa NTP server.
- Maintenance should kick player correctly
- Added range feedback to Salvager and Repair tools
- Added range feedback to Ship Building tool
- Impact damage on the ship was removed
- Patch Notes: increased sail HP, increased gear duration, lifter weight increased, rebalanced some food recipe costs, bandage healing increased.
- Increased Rhegus greaves climbing speed
- If a client crashed or player closes the application, materials are returned that are on player’s multi-tool crafting slots.
- Simplified and reduced the length of various tutorial prompts
- Tool reticles now have unique icons, and animate and look good no matter screen resolution or UI size.
- Add a cooldown overlay on buff icon.
- Added skip tutorial option at character creation time.
- Added Rarity display to Stash
- added select server text above server select
- changed logo colour to white
- Fixed the duping bug linked to Delete action in inventory.
- Fixing one of the barrel variants being disabled…
- Fixed the marauder doesn’t drop off when attached ship part is destroyed.
- Bonus bug fix – Potentially fixing an exception that completely stops the UI from working…
- Fixing an error popup that appears when unlocking nodes with connected bonus nodes
- Stash UI bugs.
- Fixing missing decks crazy race condition!
- Randomizing death clouds destruction to avoid all parts being destroyed at once.
- fix to respawn SFX being in 2d in certain situations
- Fix to respawn sounds being 2D is some instances
- clipping fix on the male fugitive torso
- Fugitive store outfit added to project, male and female
- Made default wind direction nicer for main menu prettiness
- added hair to the store masks
- Barrels should now always spawn properly!
- Fix to Ship panels z-fighting
- Fixed the bug where if a player learned new schematics that had no cipher slots unlocked even they have them unlocked in the knowledge tree
- Fixed issue where if the user tries to enter the game on Offline Mode, it would remain on a black screen forever.
- Fix the bug where schematics have more cipher slots then the unlocked slot number
NOTABLE KNOWN ISSUES
- Wings cannot be placed onto ship frames
- If a player is blocked from crafting at a crafting station, they will be prevented from crafting at any crafting station they place subsequently. They must either complete crafting or clear obstruction preventing an item being crafted
- Players will be thrown into the air after crafting a ship frame
- The Capulca engine does not update to have the correct number of cipher slots
- The schematic counter is inaccurate
- A player will be unable to interact with their marauder compass for 10 minutes. This happens if it is placed on a ship and only for the 1st 10 minutes after logging in
- Refactored logout countdown
- Fixed cannon ammo box not interactable
- Attempted to fix the cursor centering issues and added a grappling mouse sensitivity option in the settings menu
- Personal Reviver charge should be calculated at death time and not updated regardless of if the distance from you to the ship increases while you are dead
- Changed how ship synchronizes its state with bookkeeping. Shouldnt change behaviour but could affect: ships logging out, ships logging in, ships that think they are docked when they are not or the other way around
- Ships should now recover properly from a dead FSIM
- Attempted fix for tutorial UI getting stuck on death screen
- Improved player facing EAC message
- Added logs around cipher to try and understand errors better when they happen
- Fixed load balancing issues (which means how objects are loaded in the world, could fix island/objects loading errors)
- Reviver being damaged/related messages are now red
- Fixed issue where ships would spawn without fuel, also fixed fuel not being lost when removing the fuel tank from a ship, and therefore also not being transferrable to other ships
- General reduced error spam
- Improved maintenance script to make it easier to pick a valid snapshot
- Fixes to blight timeout and blight creation (could cause creation/destruction loops of blight)
- Reduced messaging from ships registering with bookkeeping so ships that are registered from snapshot do not try to register twice
- Added logs to the login pipeline to make it easier to find out issues when they happen
- Fixed ship ownership issues (related to anything PvE and PvP... interaction times, salvaging, etc)
- Added CS functionality (internal only)
- Fixed the button on death screen from being active for few frames when menu just enabled.
- Increased knowledge gains from salvaging schematics.
- Procedural schematic loot drop rarity now better matches the biome you are in, so now the Badlands will have significantly higher chance of Exotic schematics.
- Significantly increased drop rate of potion mats by around 4x in the Badlands, but also a bit in the Expanse and Remnants.
- Minimum metal and wood quality in the Badlands is now 7!
- Fixed the bug where clicking feedback button on logout screen doesn't stop ship from logging out.