Release data: May 1st, 2019
Update 30 Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
- Improvements to telegraphing:
- Made the Blight screen overlay transparent when looking away from the centre of the storm to make it clearer which direction to travel in to get out.
- If you can see particles you’re at risk of destruction (you’re near the destruction radius)
- Destruction VFX will last longer. Now it will fade to black over 7.5s and ‘dissolve’ over 2.5s. Colliders should also be disabled halfway through the dissolving process.
- New lightning VFX to make the Blight look more dangerous
- Blight will now turn on if the server hits 75% time dilation for 30 seconds and disable when it gets to 85% time dilation for 30 seconds
- Blight is now visible from 6km away
- The Blight will now smoothly fade out when it disappears. Also, it’s now more visibly windy in weather walls and inside the Blight!
- Improvements to Blight logic:
- Initial Blight position is no longer based on weather cell positions but on a K-Means cluster analysis of the priorities and positions of all of the entities on the FSIM
- Blight will now cancel if it hasn’t fully activated but the server has recovered
- While active, Blight will now continually refine its position to move towards the highest priority entities in its radius. It has a maximum speed that varies based on time dilation. So the worse the FSIM is performing the more aggressively the Blight will chase ships!
- Blight will fully retarget (analysing all entities) every 30s to avoid destroying a ship in its entirety when there is a more important one somewhere else
- Blight will attempt to retarget if enough stuff has been destroyed.
- Below 25% time dilation, entity destruction cooldown will smoothly get lower, tending towards 0.
- Docked ships will be not be consumed by the Blight within an hour of their construction
- Destruction priority is now based on the following:
- More colliders = more expensive
- Manually determined importance to the player
- Entities attached to ships that have registered revivers will have double the player importance (so lower destruction priority)
- Only entities that are ‘dynamic’ (meaning they have physics) should be considered
- Metal scrap and atlas shards will now be cleaned up
- Nothing should be destroyed unless it has been ‘logged in’ for at least 2 minutes
- Entities in the Blight will be destroyed every 10s by default but this can be overridden per entity type.
- Revamped knowledge tree to include various set schematics previously found on islands. These are categorised into branches that reflect what they are used for, such as exploring or shipbuilding.
- Scanning an island or island object displays the number of databanks still to scan on the island.
- Knowledge nodes will be automatically unlocked if you had previously found and learned the schematic.
- Knowledge gained is now displayed in the same fashion as gaining resources.
- Removed Knowledge from scanning every object on islands, except databanks..
- Scan UI has been revamped and moved from the bottom left corner and is now much more clear.
SHIP STORAGE REFACTOR
- Deleting offline ships from server memory Improving server response.
- Saving ships to a per deployment cloud storage.
- Refactor the way ship/reviver/player are linked using ShipReviverBookeeping unique authority
- Added feedback giving Reviver lost reason when online. Customer Service will have access to that information and can use it during ticket handling.
- Customer service can now restore your ship entirely based on ticket requests and log history.
- Ship logout flow now has a new design.
- Logout has been updated to differentiate between Logout and Exit game especially when the player has a reviver attached to the ship.
- The logout button will keep your character in-game until the ship logs out completely if you are the last player in-game with a reviver attached to the ship.
- The Exit button will log your character out whilst your ship will stay in the world for some time. (30s in Pve, 3 minutes in PvP)
- Any interaction with the ship during logout (except players logging out) will interrupt the logout sequence.
- If a player logouts or exits while standing on a ship they are not attached to, they will respawn either in their own personal reviver or in the closest ancient respawner.
NOTABLE CONTENT AND FEATURES
- Marauder Chests loot adjusted to be more valuable, they really liked hoarding their quality 10 metals.
NOTABLE BUGFIXES AND CHANGES
- Fixing ship parts not interactable by relying on hierarchy state instead of accumulate state, and checking whether it’s the root before trying to set the root to none. This should fix the helm bug.Added shipyard placement feedback.
- Give marauder compass item health state.
- Added logic where a ship will ask whether it should approach or not to the shipyard instead of approaching regardless of the shipyard state. Shipyard can refuse which will display a message to the owners of the ship saying they cant approach.
- Changed logic between ship and shipyard slightly, so you can only dock on your own or abandoned shipyards
- Update the new Bossa NTP server.
- Maintenance should kick player correctly
- Added range feedback to Salvager and Repair tools
- Added range feedback to Ship Building tool
- Impact damage on the ship was removed
- Patch Notes: increased sail HP, increased gear duration, lifter weight increased, rebalanced some food recipe costs, bandage healing increased.
- Increased Rhegus greaves climbing speed
- If a client crashed or player closes the application, materials are returned that are on player’s multi-tool crafting slots.
- Simplified and reduced the length of various tutorial prompts
- Tool reticles now have unique icons, and animate and look good no matter screen resolution or UI size.
- Add a cooldown overlay on buff icon.
- Added skip tutorial option at character creation time.
- Added Rarity display to Stash
- added select server text above server select
- changed logo colour to white
- Increased knowledge gains from salvaging schematics.
- Procedural schematic loot drop rarity now better matches the biome you are in, so now the Badlands will have significantly higher chance of Exotic schematics.
- Significantly increased drop rate of potion mats by around 4x in the Badlands, but also a bit in the Expanse and Remnants.
- Minimum metal and wood quality in the Badlands is now 7!
- Added a 2s timer on enabling the confirm button when taking an action that would cause you to unregister from your reviver. Also added this timer to skipping the tutorial.
- Fixed the duping bug linked to Delete action in inventory.
- Fixing one of the barrel variants being disabled…
- Fixed the marauder compass doesn’t drop off when attached ship part is destroyed.
- Bonus bug fix – Potentially fixing an exception that completely stops the UI from working…
- Fixing an error popup that appears when unlocking nodes with connected bonus nodes
- Stash UI bugs.
- Fixing missing decks crazy race condition!
- Randomizing death clouds destruction to avoid all parts being destroyed at once.
- fix to respawn SFX being in 2d in certain situations
- Fix to respawn sounds being 2D is some instances
- clipping fix on the male fugitive torso
- Made default wind direction nicer for main menu prettiness
- added hair to the store masks
- Barrels should now always spawn properly!
- Fix to Ship panels z-fighting
- Fixed the bug where if a player learned new schematics that had no cipher slots unlocked even they have them unlocked in the knowledge tree
- Fixed issue where if the user tries to enter the game on Offline Mode, it would remain on a black screen forever.
- Fix the bug where schematics have more cipher slots then the unlocked slot number.
NOTABLE KNOWN ISSUES
- Validating message for Wings can be wrong when trying to place wing on deck.
- If a player is blocked from crafting at a crafting station, they will be prevented from crafting at any crafting station they place subsequently. They must either complete crafting or clear obstruction preventing an item being crafted
- The Capulca engine does not update to have the correct number of cipher slots
- The schematic counter is inaccurate
- A player will be unable to interact with their marauder compass for 10 minutes. This happens if it is placed on a ship and only for the 1st 10 minutes after logging in
References[edit | edit source]