Update 28 Build 1044 (PTS)
Release Date: October 17th 2018
PTS Update 28 Build 1044 Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
- The world is a copy of a recent snapshot of Kubo-PvE. Only Kubo-PvE characters are copied over.
- Some spoopy seasonal items! Shh, more in the official patch notes when released.
- Ships should no longer regularly teleport. They should also no longer experience minor jerks. They will have much lower latency overall, so should feel more responsive and be closer to their position on the server.
- Added a Very High option for Shadow Quality, and a new setting for Shadow Distance. Shadow Distance in particular should have a large effect on framerate as it has a large impact on the number of draw calls.
- VFX optimisations. They should lower in quality at distance much better now.
- Ship frames are more performant on the server and client now.
- Metal scrap and wind trails optimisations.
- SFX optimisations.
- Optimisations to ship crafting effects.
FIXES AND CHANGES
- Logging out while on the torch tutorial no longer completely corrupts your character data. Whew.
- Improved reliability of the crew beacon.
- Unlearning a schematic now properly updates your UI without needing to relog.
- The “Unlearn” button no longer appears in the assembly station interface.
- A full inventory now prevents the player from picking up an object, rather than allowing the action and then deleting the item due to lack of space. This has the biggest impact on Marauder compasses.
- Players can now drag items outside the inventory to delete again, and also click outside the chat to close.
- Updated damage values for turrets hitting ships.
- Fixed issue where the shipyard wasn’t showing any schematics on very first play.
- Any update to the player inventory would re-requip all items worn by the player, which turned active gear off. This has now been fixed.
- There’s just a line here that says :cowboy: so I guess that’s making it into the patch notes.
- Fixed rotation limit on Heavy Kioki turrets.
- Minor text and color changes to all tutorial steps in Haven.
- Updated Marauder chest loot tables. Mostly affects clothing rarities.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player’s crew or alliance membership to not be updated correctly.
- Fixed the possibility of crew and alliance notifications (e.g. invites, membership changes) being lost due to network effects.
- Fixed Marauder schematics to allow for correct dyeing.
- Island turrets should now fully repair after understorms, rather than be repaired to 1 HP.
- Fixed the player not being damaged by her own bomb when mounted on a ship part in PvE.
- Haven islands should no longer spawn fuel canisters.
- Marauder compasses, explosives (theoretically), and future ship-attachable objects will now log out with the ship.
- Fixed masks items’ icons.
- Fixed certain clothing items being invisible.
- Creating a new character no longer allows players to skip the server availability check.
- The default ship schematics have been updated to be smaller and less frustrating.
- Physical knockback on ships from cannonfire reduced.
References[edit | edit source]